Our sources in Puerto Rico tell us it will be many months before electricity is restored.
Superintendent Mercedes Reynoso says it is a priority to have a generator for each church and each pastor’s family so that they can minister to others. Our churches and pastors’ homes have become centers of respite, counseling, and aid distribution. This is a project for a family, Sunday School class, small group or church.
We finally found a reliable way to send the generators when UPS started delivering in Puerto Rico again. Here are 2 good options to channel your help. (I said reliable not cheap!)
• You can purchase a new generator wherever you are and ship it via UPS. This will be a significant blessing as people in Puerto Rico have been without electricity for almost 4 weeks already. Shipping costs start at $140 per generator depending on the weight and where your are shipping from. It will take a week to get there. UPS is open until 6 PM Mo-Sat.
• Please note: In Puerto Rico gasoil generators are much cheaper to run than regular gas, but they will use whatever you send.
• Purchase the quietest generator you can find. 3000 watts or higher.
• Pastora Mercedes Reynoso
• Hacienda Real Jazmín del Mar 322
• Carolina, PR 00986
• We continue to gather money to purchase generators at about $430 each. To give money towards a generator, please click on the link below. Write GENERATOR in the comment box. We will find volunteers to buy generators in the mainland and mail them via UPS.
Please continue to pray for strength and wisdom for our brothers and sisters living an unbelievable crisis. Pray that God will protect their minds, emotions, and health as they deal with their new normal. Also, pray for the children.
Thank you! Thank you!
written by Delia Nüesch-Olver